Seller-Financed Notes — Are You Seeing More Opportunities?

Seller-Financed Notes — Are You Seeing More Opportunities?

New to Real Estate · USA · Member since 2025 · 45 posts · 14 votes

I’ve noticed more seller-financed notes coming onto the market lately. Are you seeing this trend as well? I’m curious about whether these deals are offering better yields compared to institutional paper.

0Reply
41 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2025 · 111 posts · 123 votes
    1y

    This is not uncommon when the rates are increasing and more variability in the market.  The yields overall often tend to be lower though as there is more risk involved with seller financed deals than traditional deals in my experience.  That being said, there are great opportunities in this area so long as due diligence is careful and thorough.

    Note: This information is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, tax, financial, or investment advice. No attorney-client, fiduciary, or professional relationship is established through this communication.

  • Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2016 · 256 posts · 75 votes
    9mo
    Quote from @Barbara Johannsen:

    I’ve noticed more seller-financed notes coming onto the market lately. Are you seeing this trend as well? I’m curious about whether these deals are offering better yields compared to institutional paper.


     As rates have decreased you can see an uptick in seller financed notes.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.