Luxury Vinyl Plank for Rentals - Your Favorite Brands?

Luxury Vinyl Plank for Rentals - Your Favorite Brands?

Real Estate Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2012 · 59 posts · 17 votes

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to start a thread discussing your favorite Luxury Vinyl Planks you use in your rental properties. Please include your Brand name, Model/Color, approximate cost/sq.ft., if you order it Online and delivered or pick up at your local big box store, and finally why you liked it. I'll start:

Brand: TrafficMaster Allure Plus

Model/Color: Hamilton Oak

Approximate Cost/sq.ft: $2.00

Bought How? Bought and picked up at my local Home Depot

Why I like it? I think it has a nice neutral color, not too flashy. Has a close texture to wood, although I think there's still room for improvement texture-wise. Finally, it's floating and self-sticks to itself which is important for my uneven floors.

What's your favorite?

1Reply
14 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    12y

    I use the allure as well. Works great.

  • Real Estate Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2012 · 59 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    @James Wise I think so too!

    I'm wondering if anyone had any other success with other brands or if you use Allure what is their most successful color preference/style of vinyl planks. I feel like Oak brings a homey feel to a rental, but I believe Cherry brings in sophistication and class. Anyone else have preferences they would like to share?

  • Real Estate Investor · Lexington, KY · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 23 votes
    12y

    Your post is timely. I just had a tenant leave after 8 years, time to rehab. I've been looking heavily at Allure and Konecto for a rip and replace of the worn carpet. I'm very curious how well the allure is holding up and how long you expect that investment to last before replacement. I have analysis paralysis on wear layers at this point, I want to insure the investment lasts as long as possible, I got 15 years out of the original carpet.

    Thanks again!

  • Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    15 years out of the original carpet!! That cant possibly be normal. I am actually looking to purchase flooring (LVP) for my first rental that I am about to close on looking at prices and what you guys recommend on here. Question any bad experiences with Lumber Liquidators they seem to have good pricing , except the under padding. 

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    Everyone says LVP is great because it doesn't scratch. I call BS! I put some in my rehab last year and little scratch marks showed up right away from moving an electric stove around (not heavy!). Very disappointed in the product and will stick with what has always worked in the past - real hardwood or tile.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.