Inspection gave wrong info

Inspection gave wrong info

Isabel CanoPro Member
Investor · FL · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 2 votes

I paid an inspection before buying. Below is part of the inspection. I bought the property to then realize it was septic tank and I have to pay more than $15.000 to connect to the city sewer. does the inspection company have any kind of responsibility?

0Reply
54 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joel BongcoBusiness Member
    Investor · Honolulu HI & Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 370 posts · 178 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Isabel Cano:

    I paid an inspection before buying. Below is part of the inspection. I bought the property to then realize it was septic tank and I have to pay more than $15.000 to connect to the city sewer. does the inspection company have any kind of responsibility?

    Aloha Isabel,

    Based on what you've shared, the home inspector incorrectly noted the property was on city sewer when in fact it's on septic. Now you're faced with an unexpected $15,000 cost to connect to city sewer. In Florida, home inspectors are licensed and required to follow strict standards. Misidentifying septic vs. sewer is considered a serious oversight, and most inspectors carry Errors & Omissions (E&O) insurance to cover mistakes like this. The first step would be to review your inspection report and then notify the inspector in writing about the error, requesting their insurance information so you can submit a claim. Florida law also requires sellers to disclose known material issues with the property. If the seller knew the home was on septic but did not disclose that fact, you may also have a claim against them for nondisclosure.


    Inspired Life Investments LLC.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.