What’s the Hardest Part About Finding Funding Right Now?

What’s the Hardest Part About Finding Funding Right Now?

Member since 2025 · 111 posts · 56 votes

Markets change, lenders shift, and investors have to adapt.

I’ve been hearing that some deals are stalling due to tougher underwriting or liquidity issues.

What’s been your biggest funding challenge lately — and how are you overcoming it?

0Reply
74 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • AJ ExnerPro Member
    Lender · Springfield, MO · Member since 2023 · 652 posts · 315 votes
    11mo

    I would even add that valuations have been a pretty big hurdle across the board.

    Certainly seeing it in some markets more than others, but I think because of the 'buyers' market and prices starting to go down a little bit, some comps and valuations are really struggling and playing a big role in the tougher 'underwriting' (being that some deals just aren't penciling)

  • Alonso ChavezBusiness Member
    Member since 2025 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    11mo

    Hello,

    Banks are becoming more strict with real estate in general. Too many projects with maturity coming soon and they are issuing extensions to most. Also, they overstretched during the pandemic boom  with developments that took too long to get completed. So yes, liquidity I believe is a factor and the fact that rates  made it hard to pass the stress tests. Private equity seems to be the best route at the moment but terms need to be optimal.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.