Residential Real Estate Broker · Poway, CA · Member since 2017 · 73 posts · 23 votes
Hi everyone,
With reports suggesting 2025 could be one of the slowest years for U.S. home sales in history, I’m curious how active investors are adapting.
Some approaches I’ve been noticing:
Shifting focus from flips to long-term rentals
Targeting deeper discounts or off-market deals
Holding properties longer than originally planned
Using creative financing options to close deals
I’d love to hear from seasoned investors: What strategies are you using right now to navigate this unusual market? Are you seeing opportunities, or playing it safe?
Realtor · Willow Grove, PA · Member since 2017 · 979 posts · 643 votes
10mo
Hi @Andy Gonzales, Many investors are shifting from flips to long-term rentals to focus on steady cash flow instead of relying on quick appreciation. Others are hunting off-market or discounted deals where motivated sellers still exist, and some are using creative financing to preserve capital and maintain flexibility. Holding properties longer than originally planned is also becoming common to ride out uncertainty and avoid selling at a loss.
For us, the Club has been a way to hedge against these challenges. By investing smaller amounts across multiple deals, we can diversify investments, reduce risk, and still participate in a range of opportunities, whether it’s rental properties, commercial deals, or other cash-flowing assets. It’s a strategy that balances growth potential with protection, especially in an unpredictable market.
Specialist · Member since 2025 · 483 posts · 270 votes
10mo
I’m staying active but stricter: tighten the buy box to durable B/C neighborhoods, underwrite to in-place income first, and only chase value I can control like better management, lease-ups, and light turns. I’m writing more offers, asking for real discounts, and pairing two-option offers—clean cash close or financed with terms—while keeping creative tools ready like seller finance or rate buydowns. On flips, I’m selective and plan multiple exits; on holds, I’m fine leaving some cash in if the cash flow works today and refi later is upside, not the plan. Volume of analysis goes up, emotions stay out, reserves stay healthy, and I move fast when numbers clear my ranges.