What tools are you using for your rentals?

What tools are you using for your rentals?

Rene HosmanPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2024 · 583 posts · 653 votes

Hi everyone!

The team is conducting a quick survey to learn more about the tools and platforms you use in your real estate investing, from finding and analyzing deals to acquiring and managing properties. What tools are you using? What tools do you love? What kinds of tools would you like to see?

If you have a minute, please let us know by taking the survey here! Your response will help determine who we partner with in the future!

It would be a huge help to us, so we can work to figure out what is best for y'all and bring you the best partnerships possible to help your investing journey!

BiggerPockets
7Reply
956 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 7 votes
9mo

Hey Rene,

Just filled out the survey - great timing on this!

One tool I wish existed (and am actually building right now): contractor invoice auditing software.

I manage a small portfolio and kept getting burned on maintenance costs - contractors charging $950 for $549 water heaters, padding labor hours, duplicate fees everywhere. I was approving invoices because I didn't have time to Google every line item.

Built a system to audit bids line-by-line against real material costs + local labor rates. Tested it on my last 15 invoices and found I was overpaying by an average of 22%. On one $2,300 bid alone, found $667 in overcharges.

For the survey: I'd love to see BP partner with tools that help us catch contractor overcharges BEFORE we approve the invoice. Most deal analysis tools are great, but the real money leaks happen during the hold period on maintenance costs.

Curious - does anyone else here struggle with knowing if contractor bids are fair? Or do you just approve them and hope for the best?

I'm testing my tool on a few more invoices if anyone wants a free audit - just trying to validate if this is a real pain point or just me being paranoid about costs. 😅

Bradley

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.