Investor · Atlanta · Member since 2019 · 522 posts · 89 votes
Hi,
I visited few hotels next to interstate. Once I am inside hotel roon no interstate traffic noise even though windows facing interstate. What type of window, glass they use for sound proofing. I have property near interstate. I like to do similar approach. Is it special glass? Multi layered? Please advise
Investor · Clairemont, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
9mo
You just need to buy windows with the appropriate "STC rating". It can be any one of a few options, more layers of glass, thicker glass and different frame material. Here's a table from a project that hired an acoustic consultant for apartments next to the highway:
Investor · Atlanta · Member since 2019 · 522 posts · 89 votes
9mo
Thank you very much. That is very helpful to know. Do you know any contractors around Atlanta? What kind of contractors I have to look to get this type of job done. Seems normal window, glass contractors do not have much idea on these sound proofing type of task. Once I install these type of windows then windows still can be opened and closed whenever needed for fresh air, light right. Please advise