Feedback on Concept to speed investment research and analysis

Feedback on Concept to speed investment research and analysis

Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hey everyone — I wanted to share an idea I’ve been building and get honest feedback from the BP community.

I’m working on an Agentic AI tool called DealPilot AI, designed specifically for multifamily investors and agents. The goal is to take the underwriting process that normally takes days of spreadsheets, comps research, and back-and-forth… and turn it into something you can do in about 10 minutes (basically a 100x speed improvement).

Here’s how it works:

  • Paste in a listing or address (or upload an OM)
  • DealPilot pulls live, always-current market rent + sales comps
  • Runs full underwriting math: NOI, cap rate, cash-on-cash, DSCR, breakeven occupancy
  • Flags key risks (tax reassessment, insurance exposure, deferred maintenance signals, etc.)
  • Generates a professional investment memo + client-ready PDF that looks like it came from an institutional shop

The big idea is: instead of spending half your weekend underwriting deals that don’t pencil, you can instantly know:

  • Does this deal actually work?
  • What’s the max offer price to hit my return targets?
  • What risks am I missing?

I’m not selling anything yet — I’m trying to figure out if this would be genuinely valuable and who the best early users would be.

Questions for the group:

  1. Would you personally pay for something like this? If so, what's it worth for you? 
  2. What’s the hardest part of underwriting deals today — comps, expenses, financing assumptions, offer strategy?
  3. Would agents use this as a client-facing “deal memo” tool?

If anyone is interested in being a beta tester or just wants to share blunt feedback, I’d love to hear it.

Thanks in advance — this community always has the best real-world insight.

0Reply
71 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason WrayPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7mo

    Ace,

    I have said it for years and I still say it to this day as an investor you need to build a solid very well "Seasoned" group which includes a National Real Estate broker/Agent who works side by side an actual Mortgage Banker not a "Loan officer" no offense but its a middleman along with that a good GC and JV partner if you possible.

    Never try and underwrite a deal by yourself or use raw data or this new garbage called AI or Chat what ever its useless. As a seasoned Mortgage Banker I have 20 years under my belt and I can tell you point blank software is limited to its learning curve and the data provided. Biggest point to take away is most data is lacking real time specs and when even one piece of data is off, sqft, lot size, number or units, number of bed/baths, GLA, age of construction, new renovations and details you will "never" have clean data which hurts the NOI, ARV and possible BRRRR process.

    Leave it up to the experts like a Good Realtor who is seasoned in investment rentals and a Banker who offers multiple programs not just conventional and DSCR options. I see so many people fail because the data is wrong or they underwrite a deal using incorrect ARV, Proposed rents, Cost of Reno/Construction or market analysis.

    No offense but most of theses websites are set up to find and sell leads to realtors and lenders versus actually helping the community grow their REI portfolio.

  • Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7mo

    Appreciate the feedback and insights there Jason. What if it were a tool the Agents and Bankers could use? As you said, they have the most up to date data, so they could feed that data in to accelerate their analysis and process. 

    Thoughts?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.