Business Checking Account Rec. for Real Estate Agent Business

Business Checking Account Rec. for Real Estate Agent Business

Real Estate Agent · North Carolina, 28206 · Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 3 votes

Hey everyone! I’m getting set up as a real estate professional and I’m looking for recommendations on business checking accounts.

Some background:
• I'm a new licensed agent in NC and building my LLC
• I want a business bank account that’s easy to use, low-to-no-fee, and scalable
• Online banking + mobile deposit functionality is important
• Extra points if it integrates well with QuickBooks or accounting tools
• I’m open to traditional banks and online fintech options

Curious what you all use and love, and why you chose it.
Any pros/cons you’ve experienced (fees, customer service, transaction limits, integrations, etc.) would be super helpful!

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
105 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Oklahoma City · Member since 2020 · 258 posts · 139 votes
    7mo

    I have Chase Bank (meets most of criteria, ton of locations, Zelle, good biz credit cards), & grasshopper (1.55% interest APY) for Biz accounts.

    After looking at American Express this past week in making recommendations to clients.

    Personal checking 1% APY, access to zelle & rewards platform - some basic benefits

    high yield savings (HYSA) 3.3%

    Business checking 1.3% & get up to 30k points for signing up (have to deposit $5k in initial 30 days, probably only a $100ish cash value) + some basic rewards for debit spending.

    Both have checking sign up bonuses, which are nice just for signing up. If want a couple referral codes, I can send, even on CC's

    I like to keep most of my stuff optimized with the having things in accounts that somewhat keep up with inflation. Small but adds up over time. 

    Having accounts at local banks can also help with obtaining better financing for REI purchases. Most like that you have deposits at their banks to get better deals in financing, since it's more relationship based. 

    Definetly pros/cons for all & some tradeoffs.

    • Real Estate Agent · North Carolina, 28206 · Member since 2025 · 16 posts · 3 votes
      7mo

      @Chase Busick 

      Appreciate you breaking that down, Chase,  that’s super helpful.

      I like the idea of keeping funds in accounts that at least keep up a bit with inflation, especially while building reserves. The local bank relationship point is big too, especially long term for REI financing.

      I’d definitely be open to checking out those referral codes, feel free to send them over. Thanks again for the insight!

  • Lender · Boston, MA · Member since 2021 · 125 posts · 64 votes
    7mo

    I love Relay 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.