Reasonable expectation for Real Estate deal

Reasonable expectation for Real Estate deal

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello all, 

I have a decent sized deal that I have brought to an investor. This is the first large deal that I will be apart of. For background I am a real estate broker and have found a deal involving multiple properties that are "distressed". I am planning to wholesale the deal while also being fairly involved so that I can learn and gain the experience. The question has come up as to what I thought a reasonable expectation would be as far as a fee or payment for the deal. There is the main "deal" and there is also the potential for listing these properties once they have been through some rehab. Let me know what you think!

0Reply
68 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
    5mo

    @Justin Huber For this type of deal, there are typically two components. A wholesale fee on the front end and a listing commission on the back end after the rehab. Make sure both are clearly agreed to in writing upfront. The key is to structure everything clearly from the start to avoid any confusion later.

  • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5mo

    @Janice Carter Thank you for the quick reply! What would you say is a reasonable fee or percentage for the front end wholesale or finders fee? 

  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
    5mo

    @Justin Huber A common range is $5K–$15K per deal or about 5–10% of the assignment. You will need to run the numbers to create a win-win for both parties. The key is making sure the deal still works for the end buyer after your fee.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.