Moved to Valdosta back in 2023. Bought a single family house on bemiss as a rental. Needs some TLC. Newly married with an awesome loving and supportive wife. Active duty military. Looking for like minded, ambitious, integrity driven real estate investing friends. Trying to grow and expand. I have 4 doors total. I have some experience. Would love to meet up and talk real estate.
Moved to Valdosta back in 2023. Bought a single family house on bemiss as a rental. Needs some TLC. Newly married with an awesome loving and supportive wife. Active duty military. Looking for like minded, ambitious, integrity driven real estate investing friends. Trying to grow and expand. I have 4 doors total. I have some experience. Would love to meet up and talk real estate.
Lane, having 4 doors while serving active duty is no small accomplishment. If I were in your position, I'd focus on building relationships with investors who are actively buying in your market rather than trying to find partners right away.
The reason I say that is because good partnerships usually come after you've seen how someone analyzes deals, communicates, and handles challenges. The fastest way to grow is often getting around people who are already doing what you want to do and learning how they think.
What type of properties are you looking to add next as you expand your portfolio?
Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, United States · Member since 2021 · 392 posts · 162 votes
3mo
4 doors while active duty is genuinely impressive. Most people in your situation are just trying to keep up, not building a portfolio.
The previous reply is right that partnerships usually grow out of relationships, not requests. The best way to attract good partners is to show you know how to analyze a deal and execute, and you're clearly already doing that.
One thing that's worked well for investors in a similar spot: get clear on what you actually want the portfolio to look like in 5 years. More doors, bigger properties, a specific market? Active duty gives you access to VA financing which most investors would kill for, and it can be a serious tool for house hacking or stacking SFRs before you transition.
Keep showing up in forums like this and local meetups when you can. The right connections tend to find you when you're consistently adding value. Feel free to reach out if you ever want to talk through deal structure or next moves.