Can we dispense with the AI posts and just connect?

Can we dispense with the AI posts and just connect?

Doug SmithPro Member
Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes

I feel the social is gone out of social media. I used to be a fan of BP and I really loved answering posts from people asking legitimate questions. I recently posted a rant when I saw a post that was obviously generated by AI, but then every response to that very post also had the tell tale markers of AI. It was just Claude talking to itself. For years I connected with wonderful people on the platform who wanted to learn and do business. Now, it's become an echo chamber where someone posts "the 5 ways you can" and "what are you seeing." Then, others paste that post in Gemini with the prompt "answer this response." That's not connecting and, frankly, it's ruined the platform. I'm hoping this trend ends, but I fear it will be the same as other platforms where realtors shoot videos of themselves in short skirts standing in front of someone else's listing. This is not a complaint...it's a plea. I would love it if we, at least when we're conversing, can go back to "analog". Now...let me run this through Copilot to clean up spelling and grammar (lol).

22Reply
598 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Northeast PA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3mo

@Doug Smith,

Thanks for putting this out there.  I'm afraid though, that it will just echo, echo, echo.  

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.