Real Estate Broker · Johns Creek, GA · Member since 2009 · 870 posts · 664 votes
I have only invested in Single Family rentals in the last 10 years and possibly considering purchasing my first commercial investment.
What type commercial investment would you recommend to a newbie (beginner) looking to test the waters in commercial? Strip malls, office condominiums etc? What are the pro vs cons compared to single family residence? I want to stay away from retail, but finding starter office condominium to be somewhat interesting as they are greatly depressed in my area.
I want to start small and possibly move more capital in this arena in the future.
Real Estate Broker · Johns Creek, GA · Member since 2009 · 870 posts · 664 votes
12y
Also what are some good commercial real estate investing books that you would recommend. I have probably read almost every real estate investing book mostly in residential but yet to read a book on commercial investing.
What do you think about the book
Confessions of a Real Estate Entrepreneur: What It Takes to Win in High-Stakes Commercial Real Estate by James A. Randel
One of my favorite authors is John Schaub, Building Wealth One House at a Time and says in his book that he invested in apartments, shopping centers, office condos in his 30 years of investing and his conclusion is that Single Family Homes are the best.
So i am a little hesitant about getting my feet wet with commercial or should I just stick to what i know "Single Family Homes" in premium locations.