Real Estate Market / Neighborhood Analysis

Real Estate Market / Neighborhood Analysis

New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hello Everyone,

I am a new real estate investor located in NYC who is interested in  purchasing residential multi-family and commercial with 5-6 units. My target area is the NYC/NJ Metro Area, but I am having a tough time figuring out what neighborhoods to focus my attention on. Does anyone have any suggestion on where I would be able to find market data such as vacancy rates, price appreciation, rental rates, etc.?

Thanks,

Andrew A.

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
11y

Www.neighborhoodScout.com is awesome

@John Jackson ?

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Www.neighborhoodScout.com is awesome

    @John Jackson ?

  • Investor · North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2011 · 789 posts · 403 votes
    11y

    @Brian Gibbons  got me connected to Neighborhoodscouts a while back...

    I would say this...don't over think the neighborhood/area unless  you are buying to rent/hold. 

    Having said that, I am reading in your post that you want multi but need info...

    Multi is different than SFH....it sounds like you are starting out but want to go straight to the kill on multi..the numbers are different. NOI/cap rate etc.

    Im not a multi expert as I would refer to my gurus in the field for multi. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Gatos, CA · Member since 2014 · 226 posts · 89 votes
    11y

    zilpy.com/us/new_york_metro for rental trends.

    if you have specific addresses or cross-streets in a zipcode in mind you can run local reports that tell you vacancy rates, renter density, crime, household income also 1-5 bdr rent trends for past 12 months.

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Thank you for getting back to me. I checked out the sites last night and they seem to have much of what I am looking for. I appreciate the help!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.