Home Sales between Banks and HUD/VA not showing sales data??

Home Sales between Banks and HUD/VA not showing sales data??

Covington, GA · Member since 2014 · 295 posts · 93 votes

So I'm researching property sales on the county tax assessors site and zillow, within the last few months, in my area (Conyers/Covington GA). I'n the process of my research, I notice many reports of "SALES INVOLVING GOV AGENCIES &......." that do not reflect a purchase/sale price...just a bunch of zeros. Most of the buyers are HUD and the V.A. and the sellers are banks such as Midfirst and BoA. My question is: Is this normal NOT to show sales data when between institutions such as banks and HUD/VA? How is HUD/VA acquiring these homes and such relatively low costs?...I would swear they were wholesaling themselves...ha. Perhaps it's reflected on MLS and I would need an agent to research. Thoughts?

Example:

http://qpublic7.qpublic.net/gsi_display.php?county=ga_newton&KEY=00160-00000-171-000

0Reply
6 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greg H.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Jay Dewberry

    It is just an administrative transfer from the bank that foreclosed to HUD you had guaranteed the loan and will ultimately sell the property

  • Covington, GA · Member since 2014 · 295 posts · 93 votes
    11y

    Hmmm...I suppose that makes sense. Thanks gor the reply @Greg H..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.