Flip acquisition strategies in/near Seattle that actually work

Flip acquisition strategies in/near Seattle that actually work

Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 40 posts · 4 votes

I stumbled upon my first flip property right off the bat, an incredible stroke of luck given the total lack of inventory and immense competition in this area.

What acquisition strategies actually work in the Seattle and neighboring areas? How much of a budget do you need to set aside before you can expect success?

0Reply
8 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2009 · 308 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    Sounds like you are getting in above your head to start.

    What neighborhood is your prop in?

  • Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 40 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Columbia City. Not sure what you mean by getting in over my head. I think I mis-wrote so I'm going to give my question another shot.

    I found my first rehab project very easily considering all the stories I'm hearing of others having a difficult time finding any good deals. As my project is nearing completion, I need to start working toward acquiring the next property to have minimum downtime between projects. I don't expect the next property to be so easy to find so I'm wondering what techniques are working in this area.

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    11y

    NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK.  I've been 2 or 3 wholesale deals for the Seattle Area in the last week.  And my network is not as strong as others.  But unless you are going to roll out an expensive and intensive marketing campaign...

  • Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 40 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    That's exactly how I found the one I'm working on now. And how I get real estate clients.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.