Brunswick/Savannah, GA · Member since 2008 · 1 post · 0 votes
Given the high cost of energy and the need to cut/watch expenses renters and buyers should be interested in energy efficient homes. Is anyone marketing green or energy wise homes? If so what is your experience?
Real Estate Consultant · Detroit, MI · Member since 2008 · 3 posts · 2 votes
17y
Such a hot topic right now seems the press could be your best source of advertising. Press releases to every news outlet local to your properties. News reporters need stories the better you write the press release the better chance they will contact you for a follow-up article. Now they are paying for your advertising.
Good Luck
Patrick
Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
17y
Green is dead - at least for now. When the economy tanked, so did the green movement. How much have you heard about the big global warming myth since the economy started to crash? NADA!
If green is economical, then it will sell in any market. However, green is typically much more expensive than traditional property/systems. BTW, of all the thousands of people that I've had apply for my rentals, I've never had a single one ask about it being "green".
Commercial Real Estate Agent · Douglas, AZ · Member since 2008 · 18 posts · 1 vote
17y
I market "green" properties. I have for the past couple of years. Internet marketing is the way to go for them. The best place for advertising a listing is [www.greenhomesforsale.com]. It is one of the few advertizing venues I spend money on. I've placed 3 homes there and sold 2. One is on hold at the moment.
A few months ago I added a new listing catagory on my website.."Featured Solar" . Within a week it became the second most visited place on my site. ....I hadn't even put it into my internet webcatch yet. ....My "webcatch" is all the things I do online to lead people to my site.
I've taken some skeptical, but interested folks, out to a home nearby that is an off-grid 1/2 million dollar straw bale home, just to show them the possibilities. They were amazed and converted....one is considering putting solar hot water heating in a rehab.
One project I am wanting to get backing for is to put a solar power plant on a trailer park. My thoughts are that the people who will live there are not very wealthy and would greatly appreciate the ability to either grid-tie , or supplement their electricity bills with sun power. I don't think waiting for people to ask about the rental being "green" is what will make it attractive. People need to be educated.