2016 Recession? - Grant Cardone

7 Replies

@Steven Lee - there is literally no support for anything he says at that link.  Sounds to me like the type of ranting and raving designed to attract attention (i.e. get "hits" to sell advertising).

I'm not saying his claim doesn't make sense...but is there an attempt to support it anywhere?

I would argue there is never a bad time to buy real estate if you get a good enough of a deal...so even in a terrible RE environment, there are great deals to be had. We are nowhere near anything like what happened in 2007-2010. If you're thinking that is the case perhaps this graph will dismiss those fears:

Source: Personally created graph from census data (https://www.census.gov/construction/nrc/historical_data/index.html)

He's right, and only way to survive it is by taking 10x action, learning to sell, and creating massive personal wealth. Now if only

there was someone you could call to find help in this area??

All joking aside, this is standard sensationalist media. He's no different than anyone else trying to sell hits just as @Michael Seeker mentioned. He gets you scared, tells you he can help you succeed despite a recession, and it really doesn't matter if his prediction is correct or not.

Real estate is local.  I think you will see some markets stay hot, and some markets have hard slumps and many in between.  My area will probably go into a recession for a few years unless gas and coal prices jump soon, which is not likely.  I would look closely at your local markets, change will always come, be ready for it.  

I think its safe to say that no one can time the market...this was three years ago and everyone is still sitting around saying the next recession is right around the corner. Had you bought when this post was made, you could be entering the "exit" stag now.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you