50K Cash, 70K in Equity, No Income

50K Cash, 70K in Equity, No Income

Real Estate Investor · Sheboygan, WI · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 3 votes

So I was running a business and it just did not produce the results I was expecting, and thus I am liquidating everything. I am also about to close on a HUD home I am buying for cash as an owner occupant which I will be living in. It's assessed at about 70K. By the end of everything, I will have the house and 50K cash.

I have one year proof of income, last year, for 25K. If you were in my shoes, how would you proceed? Average building where I live is about 70K. Average is about 1% gross rent to purchase price. My goal is to get a net worth of 1 million in 5 years. How would you proceed?

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 602 votes
    10y

    I would probably find a source of income and then buy and hold or flip

  • Paul DefnginPro Member
    Lender · Rockville, MD · Member since 2008 · 498 posts · 199 votes
    10y
    Raimonds Lauzums if I understood your post, you have the means to pay cash for the property, live in it with the hope to convert to rental in a year or so, still have $50K left, and you previously owned a business that did not cash-flow, right? If all the above is accurate-then it is a no brainer. Do it! You are an entrepreneur - yes, while your last business did not pan out, you'll come up on top again and again. It's your mind that is the asset, and if you took a risk and courage to start a business before-I am confident that you will find another opportunity to create money. You belong in the small percentile of the population that creates opportunities and the source of income. Good luck.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.