Fuquay Varina, NC · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
Hi all. I've been scouting out some investment houses on Zillow but have been unable to find many multi family homes in my area. Do you know of any other sites that show some of these places?
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
10y
5+ units will be a completely different category of 2-4 units. For 5+ units you will want to connect with a good commercial real estate broker. @Dawn Brenengen is an agent in your area, I dont know if she does commercial or not, but if she doesnt I bet she can point you in the right direction.
In many areas commercial properties are listed on a special MLS that is not pushed to a public site, and in some areas properties are never listed but the brokers actually put buyer and seller together. Oh you want a 30 unit building, well there are X amount of those within 50 miles and I have the contact info for each owner.
@Parker Lee You are noticing the lack of multi-family housing in our area! Duplexes, Tris and Quads were just never a very popular building style, so there isn't much stock available. There are some, though, if you you are patient. I'm happy to set you up an auto search in our MLS. Any multi-family property CAN be listed there, so some are more than four units, but Russell is right, those are typically listed commercially. I do know of a commercial broker in our area who can help you are looking for a larger building or complex. PM me if you want his info.