Safest neighborhoods in Jersey City

Safest neighborhoods in Jersey City

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 8 votes

Hello Bigger Pockets!

I am interested in investing in an owner-occupied multi-family fixer upper property in North Jersey. I have heard a lot of good things about Jersey City and would really like to invest there. Since I plan on living in this property, what are some neighborhoods I should try to stay away from? The crime stats I've found online have not been the most helpful, but it seems like Greenville is a neighborhood that I should steer clear of. Any advice is much appreciated!!

0Reply
22 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • NJ · Member since 2016 · 136 posts · 42 votes
    10y
    Down town is a good neighbourhood and the most expensive of jersey city neighborhoods. Jersey heights. Heights is a ok neighbourhood and most likely the second safest JC neighbourhood. I have seen new constructions and updates in west side area but still may not be a very good area. Greenville is relatively inexpensive and can offer good cash flow but not a very safe neighbourhood. Hope his helps. Thanks, Vijay
  • Real Estate Agent · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2014 · 55 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    Hey @Sam Schaefer

    Jersey City can be hit or miss from street to street.  Downtown, by Grove Street Path is absolutely the most expensive and "safest".  But, you can find safety in Greenville, Bergen-Lafayette, Heights, and even by Journal Square.  I work in the NYC, and live in Greenville.  If you would like we can meet up and discuss.

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed - This is also in line with what I've been reading. Everyone's comments are so mixed - it really seems like you need to have a really good handle on the city to know where to buy. I would LOVE to meet up! What days work best for you?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.