Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 3 votes
I was talking to one of my cousins yesterday and we have always had an interest in real estate investment, but we lack the funds. We are from a small town on the outside of Mexicali and he brought up the subject investing in the city.
Sounds good but I have no clue or where to start looking for info I have been on google but it's not giving me much results.
Then I remembered the bigger pockets community
any one on here have any info or knowledge in that market or something where I can start doing some research.
Thanks...
Real Estate Broker · Los Angeles · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 36 votes
5y
Hi Jesus, your post just came up in the search. I know it's four years old, but I'll share my two cents on Mexicali. While I'm sure it's possible to make money in a place like Mexicali, I'm skeptical there is much money to make in the city. Housing isn't a particularly limited resource, and while it's the state capital and a job center for the region and the country (I'm thinking about the maquiladoras), the rents don't really justify a BRRR or similar buy and hold strategy.