Do most homeowners insurance policies cover Tornado damage?

Do most homeowners insurance policies cover Tornado damage?

Investor · Campbell, CA · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 33 votes

Several of the markets I'm looking at investing in get Tornados and I'm wondering if 1. the standard homeowners insurance one would purchase cover that?  If not 2. How much extra do they charge?  For example, where I live in California, the standard Homeowners insurance does NOT cover earthquakes, but because it is so expensive, most people do not buy coverage.  For people living in the midwest what's your advice?

0Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Here's a good article on insurance policies...in some regions where there is a proclivity to certain risks, the coverage may be limited or excluded altogether:  http://homeownersinsuranceguide.flash.org/knowyour...

    The bottom-line is that one would have to check exclusions in their particular market.  I have seen some advertisements with regards to specific Tornado Insurance, but since I focus on the east coast, I never got interested in looking into them.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.