Best real estate career for future investor

Best real estate career for future investor

Springfield, MA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 14 votes
First I would like to apologize if this question was already asked I'm knew to this forum. My question is before even thinking of investing should I get a career in real estate like an appraiser or anything else in that same field? Or should I continue working at my job at a body shop and learn that business but my actual goal in life is to get into real estate. I just don't know a job Inside of real estate that pays enough to get started into investing. Any comment would be appreciated this is the question that's in my head every single day.
0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew SyriosPro Member
Moderator
Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
9y

I would probably lean toward broker as the best real estate career to prepare you for investing. You get practice valuing properties, negotiating deals and build contacts with sellers, investors and the like. That being said, I can't offer you any advice on whether to stay with your job at the body shop as there are just to many variables I don't know. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    9y

    I would probably lean toward broker as the best real estate career to prepare you for investing. You get practice valuing properties, negotiating deals and build contacts with sellers, investors and the like. That being said, I can't offer you any advice on whether to stay with your job at the body shop as there are just to many variables I don't know. 

  • Springfield, MA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    thank you for your reply one quick question is that how you started in real estate ? Did you start as an agent then worked your way up to broker then started investing ? @Andrew Syrios

  • Realtor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    i was an agent, broker, then investor. i would highly suggest it as well. you really learn your market that way. happy investing :)

  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    9y

    I would lean toward one of the building trades. Since you are already in a trade it would be a easy move and benefit you both in owning rentals and flipping homes.

    Hire professionals only when you need them. Agents, lawyers, etc. are hired short term when you need one, concentrate your own efforts on more important things. 

  • Springfield, MA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    @Tasheana Hanza Thank you I'm considering going to school to get the license by the end of the month thank you for your help and @Thomas S. if you don't mind what trade specifically would be best I already know Hvac a little electricity but the issue I always come back to is if I should learn everything I can about fixing the homes or stick to one trade and master it ? And with that money invest or even become an agent while I work a trade and do them both , I know a lot of questions I would love to learn from everyones personal experiences. I'm motivated already read 10 books on the subject but now I need to take action thanks again

  • Realtor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    we are in house on windows, roofs, and masonry..... we still sub out the work (except masonry) but we are able to save a little and also work with other investors for other streams of income

  • Springfield, MA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Yea great idea I might just do both thank you for your help

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.