Buy and Hold & Quit your job? Is it possible??

Buy and Hold & Quit your job? Is it possible??

Accountant · Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2016 · 28 posts · 7 votes
Hi, I've been wondering about buy and holds a lot. Has anyone gone with this strategy alone and been able to quit their job/ use this as a full time job? Would love to hear about your experiences!
0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
9y
Originally posted by @Nick M.:

Hi, I've been wondering about buy and holds a lot. Has anyone gone with this strategy alone and been able to quit their job/ use this as a full time job? Would love to hear about your experiences!

 I quit my job in 2014 because of my buy and hold properties.  My goal was $35k a month gross rental income, and when I quit we had $15k gross rental income with plans to add another $20k gross rental income in that first year.  Luckily I was already using commercial financing which did not care as much about my personal income for the loans.  So when my lender said quitting my job would not effect my ability to get a loan I did it.  

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Nick M.:

    Hi, I've been wondering about buy and holds a lot. Has anyone gone with this strategy alone and been able to quit their job/ use this as a full time job? Would love to hear about your experiences!

     I quit my job in 2014 because of my buy and hold properties.  My goal was $35k a month gross rental income, and when I quit we had $15k gross rental income with plans to add another $20k gross rental income in that first year.  Luckily I was already using commercial financing which did not care as much about my personal income for the loans.  So when my lender said quitting my job would not effect my ability to get a loan I did it.  

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    9y

    What's a JOB?

  • Real Estate Agent · Deptford, NJ · Member since 2016 · 49 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    Hey @Nick M., there are a lot of people who invest full time. I wouldn't suggest quitting your job right away but when you have an established foundation of rental properties its definitely possible. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me !

  • Investor · Culpeper, VA · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    That's great, commercial properties that produce a good NOI Speaks for it self !!

    Shoot for 1000 units in Multifamily Family Complexes and never look back!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.