The Book on Rental Property Investing

The Book on Rental Property Investing

Investor · Fredericksburg, VA · Member since 2017 · 377 posts · 230 votes

Brandon Turner had me on this book until he mentioned he didn't want to be managing tenants when he's 40.  This coming from a 43 year old with a portfolio, lol.  Great book.  Very comprehensive and educational for anyone at any level.

2Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 28 votes
9y

I have to agree that this book is incredible.  I thought real estate was far too complex for me to learn, but after reading the book I became inspired to take action and am closing on my first quad in a couple of weeks (with the second property a couple weeks after that)!  

I've read 6 books on Real Estate in the few months since I started getting interested and none of them have been as full of useful advice as @Brandon Turner's.  

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    I have to agree that this book is incredible.  I thought real estate was far too complex for me to learn, but after reading the book I became inspired to take action and am closing on my first quad in a couple of weeks (with the second property a couple weeks after that)!  

    I've read 6 books on Real Estate in the few months since I started getting interested and none of them have been as full of useful advice as @Brandon Turner's.  

  • West Jordan, UT · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    How do I get a hold of this book?

  • Investor · Fredericksburg, VA · Member since 2017 · 377 posts · 230 votes
    9y

    Greg, good for you.  Real estate investing has changed my entire life when my wife and I got involved in 2006.  There are so many avenues to pursue and so much to learn.  I will say that parts of it are boring when you are doing it correctly:).  It's like building sand castle.  I recommend doing a quarterly balance statement so you can see the affects of the mortgage pay downs and any equity appreciation.  That is always fun to observe.

  • Investor · Fredericksburg, VA · Member since 2017 · 377 posts · 230 votes
    9y

    I got the book from Amazon.com

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.