Timing the Market and the 1031 exhange.

Timing the Market and the 1031 exhange.

Investor · Monrovia, CA · Member since 2015 · 48 posts · 33 votes

There is a lot of discussion regarding a market correction within the next 2 years. What should I do if I want to sell a portion of my portfolio but want to minimize the tax burden?  Normally, I would do a 1031 exchange and find a bigger property. However, in the scenario I am attempting to avoid re-investing into a market right away. I want to sell one or two properties and then re-invest during the correction? Are there any products or strategies that exist that help me avoid the big taxes?

0Reply
4 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    Re post this under the Tax and 1031 heading... you'll get a response.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.