Monterey County investment in Multi Res or Residential?

Monterey County investment in Multi Res or Residential?

Investor · Monterey, CA · Member since 2014 · 174 posts · 55 votes

Hi all:

1)I am hoping to invest in some property near the Bay Area? Monterey County?  Residential or multires. I just started looking. What are your thoughts?

2) Should I declare income that I receive from renting a bedroom on my taxes to help elevate my income levels?

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Santa Clara, CA · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Gayle,

    Any specific reason you want to invest in Bay Area (besides being close to your investment property)?

    I personally invest out of state and I think it makes much more sense. You can have a much better price to rent ratios, laws are typically landlord friendly out of state, no rent control ..etc.

    It is really applied to both SFH and multi-family...

  • Investor · Monterey, CA · Member since 2014 · 174 posts · 55 votes
    8y

    Well, I owned a property in Seattle.  The property management company  was horrid and I lost s lot of during the recession.  By the time I finally got up there, there was moss and plants growing on the roof.  My fault for not being more in touch with my property, but it made me not want to invest in something far away-unless I had a good partner familiar with the area and a good property manager.  Any suggestions for out of state?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.