Experience with BeenVerified v. TLO for skip tracing

7 Replies

I am interested in your experience with the accuracy of BeenVerified and TLO as far as skip tracing goes. I believe you can get cell phone numbers w both. BeenVerified is $25/mon and TLO is $100/mon. To me it is worth it for the most accurate and up to date info. What has your experience been?? Thanks

@Doug Watts

Been verified is a waste of money.  You may find good contact information maybe 20% of the time.  TLO would be a step up if you can get access and depending on how many searches you do per month.  I always recommend skip tracing in bulk if you can.  This way you get the cheapest rates on a per hit basis and you are not tied down to any subscription fees.

This post has been removed.

@Tony Battle , what service are you using to run bulk skip tracing? Lexis Nexis tells me they are not doing business with re investors. I'm sure there are other decent bulk skip tracing services, but I'm just not familiar with any.

@Jamison Worst I don't know of any company that will give an investor direct access to premium software like Lexis Nexis.  Unfortunately, you will need a middle man like a PI. PM me about how many records are you looking for.  

@Tony Battle , I don't have any specific records at this time that I need skip traced, just looking for solutions for when the time comes. At some point in time, I'd like to get into cold calling, though; I did a bunch of that when I was working in finance.

@Tony Battle , you do have a good point there.  So, who do you or others use for bulk skip tracing?

@ Tony battle offers that service. I have worked with him in the past. Reasonably priced fairly quick return on data

His contact info is at bottom of his post.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here