• Chicago, IL
Votes |
URGENT - Need a FHA 203k Contractor in Chicago IL

Phillip Faries
  • Flipper
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Oct 31 2017, 07:22

Good Morning Bigger Pockets!

I'm in a pinch. I spent the last 3 months getting a 3 flat under contract using an FHA 203k loan, as well as doing a lot of problem solving and going back and forth with the HUD consultant, the Contractor and the Architect.

On Thursday I finally did it and got all 3 on the same page! (a lot harder than it sounds) The architects plans and contractors scope of work was finally aligned and both the HUD and contractor agreed to the bid price.

However, on Friday, the contractor called me and said he refused to do the job as the FHA paper work said no upfront starting cost would be paid, (this is a standard rule for the size of repair needed, $196k). No issues were mentioned until Friday and the contractor advised he has done quite a few FHA 203k loans.......

Long story short, does anyone in Chicago know of a FHA 203k contractor they can recommend in short notice?

With all the back and forth between the HUD consultant, the Contractor and the Architect I am a month behind schedule and the owner is considering killing the deal.

I’ve already got $5k into this deal and if I don’t find a new contractor ASAP ill lose the $5k and the 3 flat due to a contractor not reading a contract and canceling at the last second….

Look forward to hearing your recommendations!!

Phillip

Loading replies...