Top 5 Zip Codes for Wholesale Deals

3 Replies

According to My House Deals these 5 zip codes are the best for wholesale deals in Atlanta:  

1. 30310

2. 30032

3. 30314

4. 30315

5. 30058

I am interested to know what pocket everyone thinks will be the next 30310 and 30032. I personally think the 30318 zip code is next due to the Westside Reservoir Park. The first phase is supposed to be completed in 2019. The proposed scale of this park makes me believe there will be a huge impact on the market in the general vicinity. Who would not want to live near a beautiful park twice the size of Piedmont Park with access to the Beltline. 

@Gareth Jackson You need to be careful generalizing about Atlanta zip codes.  30318 has million dollar homes in top school districts as well as some of the most impoverished neighborhoods in Atlanta.  There is also a broad range in 30310 and 30315 though it's a little less extreme.

My opinion is we've reached a point where the blight in the city, which spiked after 2008, has been reduced sufficiently that the most impacted neighborhoods are starting to stabilize.  (For the record, stabilizing is not the same as gentrifying, it just means that homes are starting to be valuable enough that owners are willing to maintain them.)

Rather than look at zip codes, I'm trying to find specific blocks that are starting to improve.  

@Dan Mahoney I certainly appreciate the feedback. I was speaking in the strictest terms of investor activity not so much overall home value or anything like that. I realize that there are streets and blocks, within every zip code, that are better or worse than others but this was more so just for bigger picture thoughts or ideas about trends. I just have a general interest in hearing opinions or ideas on the subject.   

@Gareth Jackson Cool, sorry if I misunderstood.  I'm on a handful of wholesalers' email lists and I can confirm that there is a lot of activity in 30318 in addition to the "top 5" you listed.  

My broader point is that we are headed in direction where there are fewer distressed properties in Atlanta for wholesalers to work with.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.