Investor · Suffolk, NY · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 0 votes
I am still in the learning stage. I am 1/2 way through the ultimate begginers guide to investing in Real estate and I just purchased Rich dad Poor dad to read next. I am just curious if in such a hot market right now If I should be focusing elsewhere. I am in the early stages of trying to research allentown PA because of some of the office buildings going up there. Not getting ahead of myself just want to be involved in the forums.
Real Estate Agent · Allentown, PA · Member since 2017 · 343 posts · 156 votes
8y
Hey Paul! Your on to a great start! I work in Allentown and we are just launching a co-working space near some of the new construction in Allentown. It’s really excited, at least for a small town rural Pennsylvania guy like myself. Let me know if you want swing through and join us for our meet up on Wednesday!
I am still in the learning stage. I am 1/2 way through the ultimate begginers guide to investing in Real estate and I just purchased Rich dad Poor dad to read next. I am just curious if in such a hot market right now If I should be focusing elsewhere. I am in the early stages of trying to research allentown PA because of some of the office buildings going up there. Not getting ahead of myself just want to be involved in the forums.
Paul,
Like yourself, I am in the NYC area and was paralyzed by the insane RE prices. I started to look elsewhere and thought the Lehigh Valley had potential due to the great purchase price to rent ratio along with some exciting developments in the area. I decided to take action and took the plunge and went the Allentown BP meeting Justin mentioned. It was a great experience and I was glad I decided to go. There was a good mixture of new and veterans investor and everyone had a blast. I hope you can come join us at the next meeting. Let me know if you have any questions.
Investor · Suffolk, NY · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 0 votes
8y
Hey Justin and Raymond thanks for the response. I would love to come to the next meeting. The meetings are they posted on BP in a forum? Still learning the site. If the meeting is today that is not enough time for me to make plans to attend. But would love more info.
Real Estate Agent · Allentown, PA · Member since 2016 · 197 posts · 181 votes
8y
Hey Paul! There are a few good investing groups that can help you get a feel for the area. I'll be at Justin's next meetup, and would be happy to recommend a few more based on what your schedule allows.
Allentown is a really competitive area for investing, but still has one of the most favorable purchase price to rent ratios. The PPL center and waterfront projects are doing some awesome things downtown. In January 2015 Allentown houses sold for an average of $73,844, 2016 it went up to $84k, 2017 to $101k, and last month the average sale was up to $114,525!!!