Where would you invest for cash flow in the US?

Where would you invest for cash flow in the US?

Morgantown, WV · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote

I would like to purchase homes under 150,000-200,000 that can cash flow very well. My question is if you can go anywhere in the United States, where would you go if you are looking for properties that cash flowed a lot? Where would be some areas that you would recommend? Thanks in advance!

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 32 votes
8y
I like areas with good schools in OKC and Huntsville 🤘🏻
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y
    Cleveland, Detroit, Camden, NJ would be at the top of my list. Keep in mind that, generally, the better the cash flow, the worse the neighborhood.
  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Al Costanzo:

    I would like to purchase homes under 150,000-200,000 that can cash flow very well. My question is if you can go anywhere in the United States, where would you go if you are looking for properties that cash flowed a lot? Where would be some areas that you would recommend? Thanks in advance!

    Many cities in the Midwest, such as Cleveland are great for that! You can get a full Turnkey for less than $100k in a decent area of town and it can rent for over $1,000.00 a month! You just need to know where to look! Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 141 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Al Costanzo I would look at KC, Indy (cash flow works for me, appreciation is just icing on the cake and not my focus). They have a growing population and diverse economy. Im also eyeing Little Rock and Memphis but for different reasons.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 880 votes
    8y

    CNBC named Cleveland the best city in America for rental yields this past year. 

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    There are some good ones out there, but more generally I recommend sticking to growth markets. So, first differentiating those from declining markets. Some info on that idea-

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/12/1...

    Now that that's out there, I can say I've been working with properties in Philly, Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, Indy, and Kansas City in the last couple years. Of those- I think Baltimore has the most growth potential (it's not as matured as the others), Kansas City and Indy are more in the "stable" market category, Philly is great, Chicago is solid, and St. Louis is a good normal Midwestern city. 

    I personally don't agree with the Detroit and Cleveland routes, or even Memphis. (although mentioning those 3 cities as ones I don't prefer could put me in line with the firing squad, since so many people on here like them)

    Hope that helps!

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y

    For cash flow, I would focus on the Midwest or South.

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 32 votes
    8y
    I like areas with good schools in OKC and Huntsville 🤘🏻
  • Morgantown, WV · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    Thank you everyone for your responses! I will definitely look into all the places that were mentioned. I really appreciate it.
  • Property Manager · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    There are some great B-class communities in Baltimore City and Baltimore County that provide steady cash flow.  I'd look specifically for all brick row houses in 21234, 21222, and 21286. 

  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    @Al Costanzo look at markets that are not only affordable and cash flow well  (there are plenty of them), but markets that have strong economic and demographic factors like population and job growth. Personally, I think Indianapolis and Kansas City have the best combination of cash flow and good economic/demographics fundamentals. Feel free to reach out if you'd like some insights on either of those two markets.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.