What do you Read to get good, solid Real Estate News?

4 Replies

Hello everyone! Newbie from L.A. here. I was wondering what websites, blogs or periodicals you read to learn about what markets to invest in or about the state of Real Estate in general, or specific markets? Other than your personal network and a forum like Bigger Pockets, what are the best places to read (or hear), not so much real estate HOW-TO, but real estate NEWS?

You can find local market news from your iPhone using the News app. Then you can search a market and click on the real estate tab and you can see all the real estate news for that city. 

In terms of reading where to invest. That's when it becomes difficult. If a large newspaper is writing about the best place to invest it is typically too late to invest there because now the rent to value ratios have already been eaten up. 

Curbed is great if you live in big city like LA, also https://therealdeal.com/la/

The real estate "news" doesn't help much in my opinion, because they focus far too broadly with median home prices etc. what I think you are looking for is what is realistic to achieve in various markets, and unfortunately there is no consistent guide that I have found anywhere to explain this.  You want to avoid publications that have a vested interest in people wanting to buy in the market they are talking about, and you also want to avoid larger publications because it is unlikely they have fully done their research.  In general RE will be a case by case basis.

@david miller @Antoine Martel @Aaron Klatt
Gentlemen. Idk why I didn’t see the replies to this post earlier. My apologies! Thanks for your insights. The amount of information out there is overwhelming, and yes, when I’m reading those “best places to invest” type pieces, I figure hmm, well I’m not the only one reading this so it’s probably too late in this or that market. But as you said, it’s a case by case basis. Thanks again for responding!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here