What happens to Rentals is the US Dollar Collapses?

What happens to Rentals is the US Dollar Collapses?

Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes

What happens to my rental properties if the dollar collapses and I still own money on my mortgage?

Does rental income drop or raise due to competition? Does my mortgage become impossible to pay off?

0Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y

@Eric Wexler If the US dollar collapses, you will have a lot bigger problems than paying the money you owe on your mortgage. 

Don't worry about things not in your control. Relax and enjoy living in the greatest economic engine on the planet!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · CA · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    @Eric Wexler 

    I think it depends on location and condition of the property. Beprepared and Proactively control the condition of your asset. 

    *Make sure you/ manger do tentant screening, so you keep steady cash flow. 

    * I always walk through property to make sure it is in great condition, and do the fix as soon as possible.

    I would schedule 1-2 time walk through to units anuualy to make sure the tentants are taking good care of the units.  So you make them accountable to keep the unit clean and neat.   Sometimes you can find leaks in the unit. They are lazy but you are not.  For the good/neat tenant I can only visit inside every 2 years. 

    * do reaserch on rent to have an idea the malarkey rent - on Zillow or realtor.com.    

    * and look for more good deals on sale when market is going down.  Be happy and positive. 

    You manage well your asset will last through bad eco 

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Eric Wexler If the US dollar collapses, you will have a lot bigger problems than paying the money you owe on your mortgage. 

    Don't worry about things not in your control. Relax and enjoy living in the greatest economic engine on the planet!

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y
    @Eric Wexler

    Outlook not so good.
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Ingram, TX · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    The economy is doing awesome right now. But if the dollar tanks I’d think with fixed interest you’d be ok as long as the tenant is still bringing in the same amount. I’m sure there’s other factors I’m not seeing but RE is still the safest bet right up until the zombies start eating people. Who said buy when there’s blood in the streets? I like @Omar Khan ‘s attitude. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Ingram, TX · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Also I guess it depends on the class of property too. If you have a studio that you can rent for $600 you’re probably better off than an 8 bedroom 4 bath. If everyone is downsizing you’d want to have affordable housing. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Broken Arrow, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Don't be overleveraged.  Those with no equity or capital reserves will struggle.  Those with less leverage, and both equity and reserves available, will be better positioned to ride any storm out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.