Is Phoenix AZ a good area to invest in?

Is Phoenix AZ a good area to invest in?

Real Estate Broker · Singapore, Singapore · Member since 2011 · 23 posts · 0 votes

Hi

I am new to investing in the USA.

Is Phoenix a good place to invest in? Especially for sub 300k multi family apartments...

Marcus

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
15y
Originally posted by Marcus ONG:
Which district of Phoenix is considered as better and which one to avoid?

My personal opinion has always been, if you take a look at a map of the Phoenix metro area and find where Interstate I-17 and Interstate I-10 intersect. Follow I-17 North to about Dunlap/Peoria. Follow I-10 west to Loop 101. That squarish section of the Valley is what I personally avoid.

Originally posted by Marcus ONG:
that typical cap rate at Phoenx?

Too large of a city to give a typical range. There are without a doubt many submarkets within this area.

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    A lot of cities across the US are great cities to invest in. Phoenix certainly has its benefits and drawbacks.

    What are your reasons to consider Phoenix?

  • Real Estate Broker · Singapore, Singapore · Member since 2011 · 23 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Well, I was looking thru' the websites Trulia and Zilliow in the Miami area initially....

    The Mutli family there seems very expensive and the SFH are mostly sold vacant.

    As I was searching, I found Phoenix with sub 300k multi family and the number seems to work... And of course, I have read about Phoenix here and there even though I have not been there before.

    I also tried looking into New York and San Fransico area but they are costly...

    Any recommendation will be helpful...

    Thanks in advance.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    well, in comparison to those other cities then absolutely, Phoenix is a better choice based on #'s

    I'm working on getting my RE license, at which time, I would be able to work with you on whats available. Until then, feel free to send me a message with any specific questions. I know my city like that back of my hand and don't mind answering questions, free of charge of course.

    Nick

  • Real Estate Broker · Singapore, Singapore · Member since 2011 · 23 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Which district of Phoenix is considered as better and which one to avoid?

    What that typical cap rate at Phoenx?

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Marcus ONG:
    Which district of Phoenix is considered as better and which one to avoid?

    My personal opinion has always been, if you take a look at a map of the Phoenix metro area and find where Interstate I-17 and Interstate I-10 intersect. Follow I-17 North to about Dunlap/Peoria. Follow I-10 west to Loop 101. That squarish section of the Valley is what I personally avoid.

    Originally posted by Marcus ONG:
    that typical cap rate at Phoenx?

    Too large of a city to give a typical range. There are without a doubt many submarkets within this area.

  • Real Estate Broker · Singapore, Singapore · Member since 2011 · 23 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Thanks for the advice. Any particular area why that area is not desirable?

    How about the more desirable and prestigious area?

    If the location rating at Trulia any good? I Am currently using that as a gauge. And I place special emphasis on "safety" of the area.

    Thanks in advance.

  • Gainesville, FL · Member since 2011 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    If you look on YouTube you will find some really informative videos by some RE investors in Phonenix. I think their handle is PhxRei or something like that, but you should definitely check them out if you're considering the Phoenix area.

  • Real Estate Investor · fountain hills, AZ · Member since 2011 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    15y

    Phoenix is a huge city with many sub-markets. I have been boots on the ground all over the valley looking a multi and sfr. I recently bought a foreclosure sfr. Being ex law enforcement I have found it is beneficial to stop and talk to local police in the area of interest. They know what is happening, night and day. Rents remain fairly good in the valley despite the housing downturn. If you can buy and hold on with reasonable profits I believe Phoenix is a good place to invest, it is in the sunbelt, not the rustbelt. Texas also fits this measure.

  • Real Estate Broker · Singapore, Singapore · Member since 2011 · 23 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Hi Steve, that's a great help.

    There are some sites which highlights the high crime areas. Petty crimes are pretty widespread which makes these meaningless.

    I know auto thief is higher than average in the area.

    Would appreciate is you can share some of your findings with me.

    Thanks

    Marcus

  • Flipper/Rehabber · MD · Member since 2008 · 89 posts · 34 votes
    15y

    I'm really glad someone asked about this area. I'm thinking about moving to Arizona from the DC metro area and I was wondering what the rei opportunities were like out there.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Season Price:
    I'm really glad someone asked about this area. I'm thinking about moving to Arizona from the DC metro area and I was wondering what the rei opportunities were like out there.

    Plentiful! Come on down and enjoy the sunshine :mrgreen:

  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2011 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Phoenix is a great market I reside here myself. just have to know the right areas based on your strategy. Looking to hold or flip? I am more then happy to help you out or atleast let you know good areas and bad ones.

  • Real Estate Broker · Singapore, Singapore · Member since 2011 · 23 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Hi Dustin.

    I am thinking of investing in some multi families. It's more to hold for cash flow than to flip for quick buck.

    Thanks in advance. Marcus.

  • Bird-dogger · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    14y

    Hi Marcus,

    I might be a little biased having grown up in Arizona, but I would say phoenix is an excellent place for real estate investment. As you know, the market is dynamic. Right now, it's a "perfect storm". For our business model, we have focused on north & north west phoenix, but a deal is a deal and they can be found all over the valley. It really has more to do with your particular goals. The more clear you make your goals, the easier it is to find the right property to match up with.

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Hi Barry,
    There were 6-7 of us that gathered for breakfast to discuss Phoenix 2 days ago. Check that thread also. Things are not as easy as before was the concensus. Welcome to BP. Rich

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.