Vinyl Planks Colors for the whole house?

Vinyl Planks Colors for the whole house?

Florence, SC · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 1 vote

I'm putting vinyl planks throughout one of my rentals. Has anyone used the same color planks for the entire house?? Is that weird?? I thought about maybe doing a different color in the bedrooms. Thoughts?

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
7y

@Charletta Goodman it does not look weird! It looks very modern. I recently put vinyl plank all the way through several apartments that I turned here in Berwyn, IL. The flooring color was "khaki oak" vinyl allure from home depot. Here is a link. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=allure+khaki+oak&s...

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    @Charletta Goodman it does not look weird! It looks very modern. I recently put vinyl plank all the way through several apartments that I turned here in Berwyn, IL. The flooring color was "khaki oak" vinyl allure from home depot. Here is a link. 

    https://www.google.com/search?q=allure+khaki+oak&s...

  • Architect · St. Charles, IL · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 70 votes
    7y

    Keep it all the same! You will order a little extra and it will be good have that in storage for if there is any damage down the road. Then you only have one color to worry about. Also, if you start renovating more units, keep all the materials the same. Same paint color, same flooring, same appliances. Makes fixing things and replacing things so much easier.  

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    Definitely do the same color in every room, it creates cohesiveness. Using different colors makes it look choppy. You might want to do carpet in bedrooms.

    @John Warren You must have missed the part where she said different colors. 

  • Ned J.Pro Member
    Investor · Manteca, CA · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    I agree with the above....I do the same floor color throughout. Different colors of the same basic material makes it look very choppy. Having one area be tile and another be carpet etc looks fine..... but different colors of LVP in different rooms?....maybe in small room like a bathroom...maybe...or upstairs vs downstairs......but otherwise, same color.

    And as others have stated.....makes it easier to fix and not have to have multiple types of material

  • Realtor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2018 · 218 posts · 147 votes
    7y

    @John Warren

    I love Khaki Oak too..  Great choice..  My favorite!

  • Florence, SC · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks all! This is first one that i'm not putting carpet back in the bedrooms. Was just curious.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.