Cash flow reinvest or save for down payment

Cash flow reinvest or save for down payment

Rental Property Investor · Markdale Ontario · Member since 2019 · 94 posts · 12 votes

Ok let’s say I have a mortgage on a house amortized for 30 years. The property earns about $300 a month in positive cash flow. I would like to reinvest this money but would like to know where it’s better off. Should I put that $300 dollars into the mortgage lowering my monthly mortgage payment and increasing my cash flow. Or should I save that $300 extra bucks until I have enough money for another property. What’s the better option and why?

0Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Boise/Portland · Member since 2017 · 709 posts · 742 votes
7y

Before I clicked on this post I knew that @Joe Villeneuve would have most likely already replied.

My advice.... What Joe said.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • All Over, USA · Member since 2017 · 689 posts · 756 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Abdul Bahari:

    @Cole Black keep the money away see how much equity you have if good enough use that to get another property but don’t put more that 4 % down let the bank take a loss when the market crush or value decreases why?you don’t want to loose your money that could be invested somewhere be smart

     What....kind of investor loan allows 4% down?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.