What state is everybody in? Hows is your RE market there?

What state is everybody in? Hows is your RE market there?

Real Estate Coach · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2008 · 204 posts · 188 votes

I am always curious to find out how the real estate market is in different parts of the country. Where are things HOT? Where are they NOT?

Here in good old West Michigan housing is very slow but picking up. I hope it stays this slow forever. I have been getting properties for as low as 30 cents on the dollar. I figure If I can buy cheap, then I can sell cheap. I have 12 rehabs that I am working on now, so I will keep my fingers crossed. :beer:

Its funny when the market was great, it seems like most deals you could only squeeze 7-12k out in profit, because there were so many investors and so few deals. Now those same investors have stopped buying because the market is "slow". Now that its slow I have been making 15k-20k on 25-40k houses, today I close on 4 and on 1 of them I am making a 100% cash on cash return (i paid cash for the property so were not talking leveraged money) So anyway I hope it stays slow for a very long time.

0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 659 votes
    19y

    In Amarillo, (north) Texas we just came off a record growth year in home sales and job growth. This next year probably won't be as strong but still very good. Some of the upper end new construction has slowed dramatically, but inventory on everything else but new construction is at very strong levels.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.