Where do I start to becoming a real estate investor

2 Replies

I have about 3-4K saved I just feel as if I need at least 20k cash but that won’t be achievable for a few years and I’m looking to see if there’s no anything else I can do in a shorter amount of time. I’m new and looking for help on what routes I should take to become a successful investor! Thanks in advance any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated 

Sounds like you probably have a day job, can you switch tracks and get a day job in real estate? Property management and brokerage are two great tracks to work in. You can get a lot of real estate related experience and massively grow your real estate network at the same time.

@Anthony Miller I recommend investing in education first, then do deals. For example, you might want to learn how to wholesale properties, which is something you can do with $0 out of pocket, or you might want to learn how to raise other people's money to do deals, since you don't have a lot of capital to work with. In full transparency, I started with $25k in real estate about 10 years ago, but I wish I would have studied more, because I later learned how I could have done that same deal for around 5k vs 25k. Best of luck!  

Promotion
Obie Insurance
Coverage for your rental
Get a quote for your rental property in 2 minutes or less.
Save on landlord insurance. A transparent, simple, and affordable way to protect your investment.
Start Saving

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you