How do you find good property managers in smaller markets?

How do you find good property managers in smaller markets?

Rental Property Investor · Apex, NC · Member since 2019 · 55 posts · 29 votes

I’m struggling to find a good property manager in Columbus, GA and rural Alabama. There seems to be a lack of property managers and the ones that are there aren’t very good at all. Any suggestions for finding good ones in smaller markets like these?

1Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Giovanni PisanoPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Pembroke Pines, FL · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 2 votes
5y

Hi, I'm looking for a good property manager near Columbus, Ga.  Was anyone able to find one that they can recommend?

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Playa del Carmen, México · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Hi @Gennaro Coscia and welcome to BiggerPockets!

    I'm active in Columbus myself, so I'm curious: What the specific shortcomings of the PMs you are finding there?

  • Rental Property Investor · Apex, NC · Member since 2019 · 55 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    @Mitch Messer it seems to be a lack of urgency. A nice rental has been sitting vacant for way too long(almost a year). We’ve dropped the price and still nothing. We aren’t local to GA anymore, so it’s definitely difficult to find good people now.

  • Specialist · Columbus, GA · Member since 2016 · 146 posts · 54 votes
    6y

    @Gennaro Coscia shoot me a PM and I’ll connect you with a good property manager

  • Giovanni PisanoPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Pembroke Pines, FL · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Hi, I'm looking for a good property manager near Columbus, Ga.  Was anyone able to find one that they can recommend?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.