How to find homes that are paid off by owners

5 Replies

Hi my name is Ted Trahey, I am a investor in the philadelphia market. I recently moved to Montgomery County and bought a starter home in the harleysville area. I would like to get a bigger home for my family in the same area, I am looking into trying to find owner financing on our “forever home”. I have done a lot of research on start to finish when finding one of these deals. I wanted to reach out on this platform and ask.

-How do I find owners that have there houses paid off or at least 20 years on the note?

- is there a website like (list sources) to market to the owners?

- what would be the best website to use for direct mail when I do find owners in my area?

- are there any other creative ways on going about this?

Thankyou for all your help and I wish the best of luck to all the investors on here!

You can build a list on ListSource that tracks 100% equity in a home in your area. I believe their cutoff is 12 years, I am not sure if you can go longer owned than that right now. If you buy the list, you can use a site like Yellow Letters. If you are solely looking for a home for yourself with seller financing, you are really trying to thread a needle so it doesn't make sense to spend a ton of money on direct marketing unless you can handle the other leads as well.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you