My Bank says NO MORE LOANS right now!

My Bank says NO MORE LOANS right now!

Rental Property Investor · NH · Member since 2015 · 76 posts · 16 votes

Hi All,

Im on pause.... In the process of my loan application for an investment property. Everything was going good Monday, Tuesday morning totally different story. I called to ask a question and I got "Due to the economic situation we are no longer processing loans" My broker said they have loans out with a lot of large businesses around the area and Boston. Hotels, Restaurants, a huge new development in my town (Salem NH) and "they are getting crushed"  "Theyre regrouping as we speak"

This was my awakening, Im on pause. I have another property that my son and I were working on and I can not get the surveyor to get the info he needs because the town offices are closed. So that project is on hold.

Just sold an investment property 1/24/20 sold in one day. As of today things have slowed down quite bit. Im holding on to a good reserve. I got caught in the 2008 2009 downturn. Managed to save all my property but it wasnt fun and that is vivid in my head.


Im rethinking and just listening to BiggerPockets Podcast # 374. Great great information! Im excited as there is and will be opportunity.

What am I going to be looking for and doing? Zooming out looking at the whole picture, preparing, taking action, more marketing, more networking, distressed property, tax liens, foreclosures. All that I usually look at but taking it slow. Not purchasing flips or long term projects.

Stay healthy!

0Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 874 posts · 355 votes
6y
Originally posted by @Mary D.:

Hi All,

Im on pause.... In the process of my loan application for an investment property. Everything was going good Monday, Tuesday morning totally different story. I called to ask a question and I got "Due to the economic situation we are no longer processing loans" My broker said they have loans out with a lot of large businesses around the area and Boston. Hotels, Restaurants, a huge new development in my town (Salem NH) and "they are getting crushed"  "Theyre regrouping as we speak"

This was my awakening, Im on pause. I have another property that my son and I were working on and I can not get the surveyor to get the info he needs because the town offices are closed. So that project is on hold.

Just sold an investment property 1/24/20 sold in one day. As of today things have slowed down quite bit. Im holding on to a good reserve. I got caught in the 2008 2009 downturn. Managed to save all my property but it wasnt fun and that is vivid in my head.


Im rethinking and just listening to BiggerPockets Podcast # 374. Great great information! Im excited as there is and will be opportunity.

What am I going to be looking for and doing? Zooming out looking at the whole picture, preparing, taking action, more marketing, more networking, distressed property, tax liens, foreclosures. All that I usually look at but taking it slow. Not purchasing flips or long term projects.

Stay healthy!

Other lenders are funding. Banks have a peculiar situation as they need to keep liquid but investment lenders just need to keep funding. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 874 posts · 355 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Mary D.:

    Hi All,

    Im on pause.... In the process of my loan application for an investment property. Everything was going good Monday, Tuesday morning totally different story. I called to ask a question and I got "Due to the economic situation we are no longer processing loans" My broker said they have loans out with a lot of large businesses around the area and Boston. Hotels, Restaurants, a huge new development in my town (Salem NH) and "they are getting crushed"  "Theyre regrouping as we speak"

    This was my awakening, Im on pause. I have another property that my son and I were working on and I can not get the surveyor to get the info he needs because the town offices are closed. So that project is on hold.

    Just sold an investment property 1/24/20 sold in one day. As of today things have slowed down quite bit. Im holding on to a good reserve. I got caught in the 2008 2009 downturn. Managed to save all my property but it wasnt fun and that is vivid in my head.


    Im rethinking and just listening to BiggerPockets Podcast # 374. Great great information! Im excited as there is and will be opportunity.

    What am I going to be looking for and doing? Zooming out looking at the whole picture, preparing, taking action, more marketing, more networking, distressed property, tax liens, foreclosures. All that I usually look at but taking it slow. Not purchasing flips or long term projects.

    Stay healthy!

    Other lenders are funding. Banks have a peculiar situation as they need to keep liquid but investment lenders just need to keep funding. 

  • Rental Property Investor · NH · Member since 2015 · 76 posts · 16 votes
    6y
    Yes I do use a couple other banks. But this just put things in perspective for me. Just being more cautious & hording my cash. LOL. No flips or long projects
  • Rental Property Investor · Doylestown, PA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    I work with a handful of online lenders for my portfolio and they are all still up and running.  Traditional lenders are going to be in a tough spot for the next few months.
  • Rental Property Investor · NH · Member since 2015 · 76 posts · 16 votes
    6y
    The bank I speak of, is a portfolio commercial Bank, worse for them. And it seems they maybe in that tough spot.
  • Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2017 · 517 posts · 772 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Salvatore Lentini:
    I work with a handful of online lenders for my portfolio and they are all still up and running.  Traditional lenders are going to be in a tough spot for the next few months.

    Which ones do you recommend Salvatore?

    You can DM me if you'd rather not answer here

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.