PLEASE HELP My Research on Insulation of Existing Stock. HEL

PLEASE HELP My Research on Insulation of Existing Stock. HEL

Member since 2008 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I am required to research a topic area and produce a dissertation. The topic I have chosen is “Energy used in residential properties can be greatly reduced by using conventional insulation rather than the use of renewable energy technology.”

As a part of my research I have compiled a short questionnaire. I would be very grateful if you could find the time to complete this short questionnaire. The information provided will be treated with strict confidentiality and no person will be identified.

Thank You.

Questionnaire: http://www.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=1537giggx

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Loveland, CO · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 123 votes
    19y

    I don't think much of the objectivity of a survey when it's main thesis is a conclusion; " energy used CAN BE greatly reduced...". I think a more proper format would be; "CAN ENERGY USE BE reduced by A or B...".

    Regardless, I'm going to pass on participation.

    all cash

  • Member since 2008 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    Thanks for the participation.

    The questionaire is mainly to determine peoples knowledge on the matter.

    There is a alot of hype on renewable energy technology in the home,
    this research is to prove that insulation is more effective than renewable energy technology.

    If everyone knew how energy efficient insulation can be then government targets can be easiliy met. Around 80% of Current housing stock is a solid wall construction, and if they were insulated around 50% of wasted energy can be saved.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.