Major Expansion In Small Town Good or Bad for Prices

Major Expansion In Small Town Good or Bad for Prices

Rental Property Investor · Brookshire, TX · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 16 votes

I just bought a large (soon to be) duplex conversion in Sealy, TX and learned there’s a huge amount of proposed housing developments in the coming years with at least 547 new single family homes ($160k+) and 300 apartment units from various builders, but only 6,500 people last I checked. One just broke grown maybe a month ago for 96 (900sqf) units.

What do you think will happen to housing prices with all the new construction in this small city?

1Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Kansas City Metro · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jerel Davis:

    I just bought a large (soon to be) duplex conversion in Sealy, TX and learned there’s a huge amount of proposed housing developments in the coming years with at least 547 new single family homes ($160k+) and 300 apartment units from various builders, but only 6,500 people last I checked. One just broke grown maybe a month ago for 96 (900sqf) units.

    What do you think will happen to housing prices with all the new construction in this small city?

     Based on what I have seen in the past there may be a small dip in occupancy but with the new product being filled people will still want to live in the area and your place will do well. It will also appreciate it. Nice work!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.