Best Way to Invest 50k / 100k - Thought Exercise

1 Reply

Here's a fun thought exercise. If you had 50k to invest today (and then same thing with 100k), what simple investing measure would you do in TODAY'S environment? With a one liner on why. If you want to wait to see where the world goes next year, no need to respond. Simple measures for investment only (i.e. not "I would take my $50k then raise $2M in outside capital for an investment on a 200-unit). 

Examples:

SFR
- Full 50k would be a down payment on a $X home in X market to lower the P&I due for maximum cash flow
- The 50k would be split in two 25k down payments in X market on $X average homes, because of XYZ

Syndication 
- I would invest it with a firm like X Capital because I prefer 10% returns with no risk on repairs etc and I think that return will be better than SFR next few years

Other
- I would truly put it in gold because I think the returns will be better next few years

Curious to see what all of you think - it may help jumpstart some new investors who have been sitting on the sidelines!

Thanks - 

Become My Own Bank

-With 50k I would purchase a 30k Whole Life Insurance policy with a paid up rider, and dump the remaining 20k in my HELOC.

-With the available money on my HELOC, I would buy a fair-to-underpriced single family house in my target zip code, rehab and rent it, then borrow from my cash value in the policy to pay down the HELOC again.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you