2021 Real Estate Goals ??

2021 Real Estate Goals ??

Cassidy BurnsBusiness Member
Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2016 · 859 posts · 460 votes

Hey BP,

Would love to hear what everyones 2021 goals are for their real estate investing business? 

-Buy your first rental? 

-Buy a primary residence? 

-Purchase a certain amount of doors?

-Pay off 1 property? 2? 10?

Happy Investing

15Reply
270 views

Most Popular Reply

Washington, DC · Member since 2019 · 81 posts · 38 votes
5y

@Cassidy Burns saving $ for my first rental in 2022.

See this reply in the discussion

134 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    My goal is to acquire 3 flip properties and 1 rental.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns get my first wholesale deal AND start the process for a fix&flip

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns I hope to buy my first multiplex before or around September 2022, so my 2021 goals include learning more about REI. I was thinking of getting my real estate license to have access to the MLS, however my uncle is a realtor who already has access to it, so would that be a waste of time/money? I don't see myself becoming an agent, just an investor. Thanks in advance for any and all input!

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    Great motivational topic Cassidy Burns!! I’m currently on my second year in this real estate journey with a set goal and 5 year plan of purchasing 1 rental the first year, 2 the second, 3 the third , etc, etc. well I’m happy to say that I’m on par already this year with a soon to be purchase of a duplex. I’m so stoked and keeping my fingers crossed that the appraisal and inspections work in my favor. This will leave me the rest of the year to plot and plan for next years goal while saving up my just in case reserve money. 30 days till closing and the excitement is killing me!! Good luck you all and Thanks for sharing your stories with me!!

  • Realtor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 95 posts · 87 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    Good Morning Cassidy, hope you are well! My goal for this year include obtaining 12 doors. All BRRRR deals here in Jacksonville. With this being met all of our expenses will be covered and will be in a great spot regarding financial freedom. We currently have 2 we obtained so far but have a few prospects and will hopefully be half way to that number by close to middle of the year. It has been a lot of fun analyzing and trying to find the best prospects to making the dream come true! The market can be tough but still finding deals. I am focusing on medium work rehabs.

  • Real Estate Agent · Ashburn, VA · Member since 2016 · 107 posts · 31 votes
    5y

    My goals for 2021-

    My wife and I buy our first primary residence. (Live there 3-5 years and then rent)

    Get my real estate license.

    Complete 3 deals in 2021.

    Save capital for moving to a larger primary residence in 2024 to allow us to keep this condo as a rental.

    Separately save for a cabin rental/vacation property.

  • Realtor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 23 votes
    5y

    @Hai Loc can I ask why your high income skills are that generate so much income? Maybe I can learn some of those skills!

  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 577 posts · 864 votes
    5y

    same goal as last year - locate and close as many good SFH deals as possible

  • New to Real Estate · Lakewood, OH · Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns just got approved for a loan looking at purchasing my first MultiFamily property and house hacking at 19! I’m really nervous naturally but I know I’ll do whatever it takes to achieve financial freedom

  • Wholesaler · Newark, NJ · Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    1. House hack duplex

    2. Save to put down payment for second duplex

    for son next year 2022

    3. Purchase or partner to purchase 1 - 40 unit apartment cash flow 200 dollars per door

    NJ preferably Newark

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 80 posts · 71 votes
    5y
    I'm also interested in multifamily and have cash to contribute. Let me know if you run across any good deals

    Originally posted by @Kuron McGraw:

    @Cassidy Burns

    1. House hack duplex

    2. Save to put down payment for second duplex

    for son next year 2022

    3. Purchase or partner to purchase 1 - 40 unit apartment cash flow 200 dollars per door

    NJ preferably Newark

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jerry W.:

    I have had an unexpected development however, a large mass of out of state buyers have bought up nearly every single property for sale in my town and the state. Currently there are only 14 properties left on the MLS that are not under contract, and none of those has any chance of cash flowing.

    I was just talking to a seller of 2 multi's up here, Jerry.  He's exchanging his portfolio into WY.  Had it with WA's anti-landlord climate. That could be driving investment into your area. 

    Good luck accomplishing your goals this year, bud.  I sold an old rural 7-family used to be hospital on contract  and am exchanging and repositioning a house or 2 into newer houses in better areas or hopefully plexes.  Tough to acquire anything that makes sense right now. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2015 · 281 posts · 232 votes
    5y

    Goal 1.  Sell our 4 plex to move into bigger project.

    Goal 2.  Syndicate 2 larger Multi-Family assets. 

    Goal 3. Increase the doors we manage from 50 to 150 by year end.  

  • Lake Geneva, WI · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns hello Cassidy. I would love for my fiance and I to purchase our first three small multifamily homes. We are planning on moving to Houston in 2023 and want to build up some passive income up here in milwaukee to aid us in the move, our wedding the week before the move, her grad school the year after we move, and of course our mortgage.

    Big goals for us and best of luck to everyone else with their goals.

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2020 · 61 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    Find the best balance between making rent affordable, ensure the tenants have good quality of life, and make a reasonable profit.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gulf Shores, AL · Member since 2019 · 107 posts · 115 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    My partner’s and I have a goal to hit 1,000 units this year.

    We’ve picked up 76-units in the last 3 months, have 148-unit under contract and expect to get another 88-unit under contract by Monday so we are making good progress!

  • Rental Property Investor · Centreville, VA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 799 votes
    5y

    Buy my 1st flip in my local area. 

  • Homeowner · Norfolk, VA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns find a mentor to help me purchase more properties

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    My Goal for 2021

    - To get my Ga license (May)

    - Agent 60,000 income ( starting the meddle of the year)

    - 1 investment property

  • Modesto, CA · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    Buy my first rental property, currently looking at a one bedroom one bath, could do some rehab and raise rent to cash flow after

  • Rental Property Investor · Ithaca, NY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    Buying a Inn and turning it into an Airbnb. Hopefully I can get two!

  • Investor · Columbus, MT · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    2 mil net worth

    7k net monthly passive cashflow

  • New to Real Estate · Tannersville, PA · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    House hack our first property!

  • Levi T.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tucson AZ / Nice FR / Washington DC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Looking to buy around 12 million worth of multifamily in Texas, or townhouse portfolio in NOVA. Getting a lot of deal flow, but people want the moon right now. Waiting for the drop!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    Great question!

    I'm looking to buy 3 rental properties this year, including my very first! I'm actively searching for the right one now, and with my regular income and aggressive savings I can add the rest later in the year!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.