2021 Real Estate Goals ??

2021 Real Estate Goals ??

Cassidy BurnsBusiness Member
Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2016 · 859 posts · 460 votes

Hey BP,

Would love to hear what everyones 2021 goals are for their real estate investing business? 

-Buy your first rental? 

-Buy a primary residence? 

-Purchase a certain amount of doors?

-Pay off 1 property? 2? 10?

Happy Investing

15Reply
284 views

Most Popular Reply

Washington, DC · Member since 2019 · 81 posts · 38 votes
5y

@Cassidy Burns saving $ for my first rental in 2022.

See this reply in the discussion

134 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 234 posts · 264 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    Just acquired 68 unit! My goal for the rest 2021 is to acquire 200+ doors!! Let’s crush 2021!! Yosef

  • Investor · Morrison, CO · Member since 2015 · 221 posts · 177 votes
    5y

    I'm looking forward to a great 9 months ahead.  I know it will be a busy 9 months filled with excitement and growth as I have a goal to close on 4 RV Parks.  Keep me in mind should you have any opportunities and know anyone looking to sell and RV Park (not MHP) let me know!  

  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2016 · 164 posts · 114 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns Looking to add rental #2! Market is super hot and there are so few properties on the MLS. My goal is to try and change up my strategy a bit to find a good deal, even if it's off market.

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    To buy my first rental Property.

  • Real Estate Broker · Durango, CO · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    Buy first house hack.

    Save 100k to begin out of state investing.

    Find area of interest and develop a team.

  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Starting my journey to become a Realtor!

  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 891 votes
    5y

    @Kade Lucero

    Broker Land Development Deals..

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis Indiana · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 58 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns I am currently 19 years old wrapping up college to qualify for loans (w2 income as Business Analyst). My goal for 2021 is graduate next month with AA Degree and to continue to invest in personal development/ self development and sustain the habits I have built daily (Analyze 1 deal, watch 1 Bigger pockets podcast, read 1-2 hours, read Bigger pockets forums 15 minutes a day etc.)

  • John MorganPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Grand Prairie, TX · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Just got loan modifications on 6 rentals at 2.75% and plan to buy my 11th SFH this year. I've already got one in mind someone offered me off market. Doing a cash out refi on one paid off property I BRRRRd two years ago. Just never got around to doing the refi part of it. Will have 110k cash to play with and plan on taking 100k out of my 401k so I can grab another rental for cash in the 140k range and rehab it. Hate to take the tax hit on the 401k but I'm way ahead of schedule as far as my retirement goals with my 401k. The stock market is way up right now and I'd like to diversify a little more. I'm currently about 50/50 with stocks vs real estate.

  • Lender · USA · Member since 2021 · 37 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    The goal is to purchase my first property! I'm living in the Kansas City area and am hoping to house hack my first and grow from there!  

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns to buy our first property !!

  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2021 · 92 posts · 32 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns our goal is to buy our 1st rental property with hopefully 10 to follow by 2022. I am hoping once we get over the fear of buying 1 it will give us the momentum to keep going.

  • Alecia LovelessPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns Hoping to buy an additional 4 doors this year. Also now that it’s the end of March my plan has shifted from Brrrr to flipping my second property as the current market is so hot it would take me 40 years to achieve the same profit out of it renting it as selling it. I know I will miss tax benefits but I’m going to 1031 it into something else. So by the end lo the year looking to have 9 doors or more.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns

    Great question! I’m 16 years old at the moment so my goal would be to get my first commercial property and complete at least 2 flips.

  • Member since 2021 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Allen Williams love it bro. Would be willing to share more? Would love to hear about your experiences!

  • Real Estate Syndicator · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 903 posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    No less than four large multifamily acquisitions generating $200k plus in revenue for the 2021 year for Valkere. Onwards and upwards!

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 2 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns buy my first 2 properties. Waiting on a disclosure and comps on a property we looked at yesterday for #1.

    My daughter and I are forming an LLC to build some wealth together. We are looking in an area around an Air Force base (she lives close) and focusing on SFR 3/1 900-1500 sqft, cash flow over$150/month. Lots of military families rent close to the base.

    We want houses that don’t require more than $5k or so in repairs, freshening. We’re planning to buy and hold and reinvest the cash flow back into homes.

    She is an accountant and can do our taxes and books. She doesn’t have money to invest but she’s local (I’m out of state) and she has a huge network of small business contacts (from doing their books). Her boss’ husband is a realtor who buys investment properties so we have their expertise and advice. Building the network. 😎

    My long term goal is 10 houses in 10 years (or more, of course!)

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Great goals here, Goodluck to everyone.

    My Goals for 2021 are:

    1. Increase passive income to $4000 monthly before Dec 25th, 2021 - Currently at $1200

    2. Close 35 Real Estate Transaction - Currently at 6

    3. Close on 10 doors with a mix of SFH and Small MFH - Currently at 2

    4. Help 18 New Investors acquired their first Rental Property - Currently at 4

    5. Grow my YouTube Channel to 1000 subscribers by 11/20/2021 - Currently at 118 

    And the list continues......

    Wish me goodluck guys!

  • New to Real Estate · Hudson Valley · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns passing my real estate agent exam!!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2019 · 487 posts · 658 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns


    Great thread!

    Below are my micro-level REI goals. I sat down with my wife and determined five pillars that are important to us; I call them the 5xF's (1. Family, 2. Faith, 3. Friendship, 4.Fitness, 5. Finance) and we are trying to stay balanced in them all!

    2021 Goal: Purchase third investment property; Begin saving for a fourth investment property; Create a logo and brand focused on financial education, mindset, and REI centered around veterans and active service members

    Q1: Funds in place for second investment home-Complete 

    Q2: Sell investment home in an underperforming market and immediately reinvest in the market I want to grow. 

    -Transition to professional software programs

    -Develop logo and brand 

    Q3: Close on third investment home, for 

    -Create a website with a monthly blog

    -For LLC and transfer investments into business

    Q4: Save 25% towards the fourth investment. 


    This was a thread I create that is very similar to this one. 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Sincerely, 

    Josh 

  • Investor · Carson City, NV · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns I hope to learn out of state multifamily rental investing.

  • Real Estate Agent · Guntersville, AL · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns Hopefully my group and I can come thur with our first purchase.

  • Investor · NH · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns doing a joint venture I am pretty excited about with two other members of BP. We're starting small with some flips.

  • Handyman · FW · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns I’m going to wholesale my first property!

  • Rental Property Investor · Lexington, KY · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Cassidy Burns close on two rentals

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.