Best cash flow properties and can't get a loan!

Best cash flow properties and can't get a loan!

Flipper/Rehabber · Bangor, ME · Member since 2009 · 3 posts · 0 votes

I've purchased and rehabbed a few mobile homes with land in Maine this year and renting with a cap rate at or above 30%! Awesome cash flow, but I need to cash out refinance to keep going. I've talked to at least a dozen banks and not one wants to lend on these gold mines. I've tried searching online for private or hard money loans, but everything out there seems to be a scam. Anyone have any ideas? I'm all ears.

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Bob LangworthyPro Member
Accountant · Brunswick, ME · Member since 2017 · 352 posts · 242 votes
5y

@Zane Wetzel two options for you:

1) Attend real estate meetups and you may find someone interested in investing with you.

2) Friends and family. Lay out examples of what you have done, what returns you are getting, and what you could offer them. Banks don't pay anything and the stock market is more unpredictable than real estate.

Hope this helps,

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · MA · Member since 2014 · 164 posts · 114 votes
    5y

    Did you try Priority Funding? Possibly 21st Mortgage? There are a few specialty shops out there, your rates will be higher and LTV lower but if the numbers work who cares.

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    There’s a reason why you’re buying them so cheap. The sellers can’t sell them to someone else for the same reason you’re describing.

  • Real Estate Agent · Auburn Maine · Member since 2020 · 40 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    I have the name of a Maine Hard money lender if you want it. 

  • Mortgage Broker · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 657 posts · 275 votes
    5y

    Mobile homes are not good investments to lenders, they hardly count as real estate, and generally, they do no appreciate. 

  • Bob LangworthyPro Member
    Accountant · Brunswick, ME · Member since 2017 · 352 posts · 242 votes
    5y

    @Zane Wetzel two options for you:

    1) Attend real estate meetups and you may find someone interested in investing with you.

    2) Friends and family. Lay out examples of what you have done, what returns you are getting, and what you could offer them. Banks don't pay anything and the stock market is more unpredictable than real estate.

    Hope this helps,

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bangor, ME · Member since 2009 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Thanks everyone for the responses. I'll look into those. I do have some family investing already, but not everyone I know has deep pockets. Lol

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.