How do real estate flippers find their deals?

How do real estate flippers find their deals?

Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 8 votes

I’m curious as to how most fix and flippers find their deals. I know that some flippers have wholesalers they network with or can even drive for dollars in a specific market they want to invest in. Are their any other ways of finding these type of properties? Is contacting a realtor to send you properties a reliable source? They would profit off of the sale when bought from the investor and possibly when they sell when rehabbed. 

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 269 votes
5y

@Zane Steward Below are some ways 

  • Wholesalers
  • MLS and Realtors
  • Banks and REOs
  • Craigslist
  • Driving for Dollars 
  • Web sites, Email,Internet, Social Media Marketing
  • Cold Calling distressed owners
  • Cold Calling Probate and other real estate attorneys
  • Local Real Estate meetups and groups
  • HUD and other government programs
  • Other creative ways to find motivated sellers

Best of luck in all your endeavors.  

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 269 votes
    5y

    @Zane Steward Below are some ways 

    • Wholesalers
    • MLS and Realtors
    • Banks and REOs
    • Craigslist
    • Driving for Dollars 
    • Web sites, Email,Internet, Social Media Marketing
    • Cold Calling distressed owners
    • Cold Calling Probate and other real estate attorneys
    • Local Real Estate meetups and groups
    • HUD and other government programs
    • Other creative ways to find motivated sellers

    Best of luck in all your endeavors.  

  • Investor · Bethel, ME · Member since 2013 · 126 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    @Zane Steward

    Anthony is spot on. Great list of the basic channels. I sent you a DM on Facebook too

  • Wholesaler · Member since 2020 · 140 posts · 89 votes
    5y

    It's all about getting there first. Those ways you mentioned - they aren't getting there first. Someone else found them and is making the real money.

    I do land and houses buy pulling data from an assessor source and sending large batch of direct mail blind offers. (I also scrub data and do some other things but that's a little out of scope - more than happy to help if you have questions though).

    Then I get calls and signed offers back, and from there I can pick and choose which acquisitions I want to move forward on.

  • Real Estate Agent · Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 743 votes
    5y

    @Zane Steward

    Probate attorney's represent PR's. PR's (Personal Representative's) represents the decedents estate. It's best to request a probate file from the county clerk and research the file for the PR's contact info.

    Should the PR reside outside the state your located they may be incline to be motivated....

  • Real Estate Agent · Fleetwood, NY · Member since 2018 · 264 posts · 235 votes
    5y

    @Zane Steward You've got some great advice on this thread. In my opinion, there are several ways to find deals that will work. I would recommend choosing one that you feel will work best in your market and become a master at it. A lot of times people try multiple strategies but then only make a little progress in each area - I think it's better to make massive progress with one strategy.

    One more thing I will add is to make telling people what you do / what you buy a habit. A deal can come from talking to an old friend at a grocery store, for example.

    Hope this helps - best of luck!

  • Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Justin Reed:

    It's all about getting there first. Those ways you mentioned - they aren't getting there first. Someone else found them and is making the real money.

    I do land and houses buy pulling data from an assessor source and sending large batch of direct mail blind offers. (I also scrub data and do some other things but that's a little out of scope - more than happy to help if you have questions though).

    Then I get calls and signed offers back, and from there I can pick and choose which acquisitions I want to move forward on.

    Thanks Justin! I appreciate your advice. I sent you a direct message and hoping we can connect!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.